Introduction to photogrammetry and 3D Capturing
- Introduction to Photogrammetry concepts and terminology
- Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry
- Introduction to the principles of the 3D Capture Advanced software. Data used as input and type of files created. Dense scatter plots, meshing, points of interest and matching method. Type of scenes and applications.
- Training in 3D Capture software and the processing workflow using a set of simple data
Processing and introduction to capturing data sets
- Validation of knowledge acquired by processing a set of georeferenced data, introduction to processing by tiling
- Importing and editing control points in a set of georeferenced data, effective use of aerotriangulation and production of orthophotos
- Principle of capturing suitable aerial images, preparing the flight plan.
Generating a DTM
- Analysis and processing of the dataset captured by the trainee to produce an orthophoto, a 3D scatter plot and a 3D model
- Viewing the rendering in a GIS
Other important concepts
- Importance of camera calibration
- 3D editing and scatter plot tools
- 3D model viewing tools
- Georeferencing with Aerial image triangulation
- High quality orthorectification of digital image frames
- Surface and terrain modeling
Photogrammetry is a method of determining the co-ordinates of points of a terrain on the basis of aerial photographs. The purpose of aero triangulation is to make a geodetic network denser in order to provide photographs with the control points that are necessary of topographic maps and for the solution of various engineering problems.